Sometimes we need to change the password of the server, especially the first time that we receive the login details of the server from the server provider. In this tutorial, we will see how to change the Windows VPS password.
To prevent your private information from being stolen, you need to set up a complex password. We will show you how to change it in Windows Server and Windows client step by step. This post almost comprises all Windows server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, and Windows 7, 8, 10.
You Can Change The Windows VPS Password In 2 Methods
There are 2 methods to change the Windows VPS password that you can use any of them you wish to. The first one, which is Computer managements provides you a graphical interface to change the password. And the second one, which is Command-line, provides you a terminal environment to change the password.
- Computer Management
Change The Windows VPS Password Through Computer Management
Here we will go ahead through Run Search System; Also, you can find the Computer Management by searching in the Windows Search bar.
- Open Run (Press Windows key + R simultaneously) and write compmgmt.msc and press OK, or you can directly go to users and groups by typing lusrmgr.msc.
- Select Local Users and Groups located on the left-panel.
- Double-click on Users to open the directory.
- Right-click on a user and select Set password.
- In the Launched box, Press Proceed and ignore this warning!
- Put the New Password in both fields and press OK to apply it.
Note: Pay attention to choose a strong password for your VPS. If you ignore this important note, your server can be easily hacked! So check for guidelines for a strong password.
Change The Windows VPS Password Through Command-Line
To change the Windows VPS password through Command-line, we need to open the command-line. You can open the command-line in 2 ways. By searching it in the Run page or by searching it in the Windows Search bar. To open CMD through Run (Press Windows key + R simultaneously) and write CMD and press OK. or you can find it through the Windows Search Bar like the following picture.
- Press Windows Key and type CMD in the search box, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- Type net user <Your Username> password and press Enter
For Example, net user administrator Q21sA1285
And that’s it. You could easily change the Windows VPS password. Consider that we have put the video to change the Windows VPS password too. So feel free to watch it to see how to change the Windows VPS password.