Set a strong and complex password on your Windows!
To prevent your private information from being stolen, you need to set up a complex password. we will show you how to change it in Windows Server and Windows client step by step. This post almost comprise all versions of Windows server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 and Windows 7, 8, 10.
You can change your Windows [VPS] password in two ways.
- Computer Management
- Press Windows Key and type CMD in search box, right-click on and select Run as Administrator.
- Type net user username password and press Enter
For Example: net user administrator Q21sA1285
Note: Make sure the password containts Uppercase, Lowercase and Special characters and numbers with at least 6 letters.
In the second method we will go ahead through Run, You can find the Computer Management via Control Panel too.
- Open Run (Press Windows key + R simultaneously) and write compmgmt.msc and press OK.
- Select Local Users and Groups located on left-panel
- Double-click on Users to open directory.
- Right-click on a user and select Set password…
- In the Launched box, Press Proceed and ignore this warning!
- Put the New Password in both fields and Press OK to apply it.
Note: as we said, it is better and more secure to choose a complex password, you can use this website to generate a complex password
That’s it, now the password should be changed for the User, Feel free to get in touch with us by leaving a comment.