Remote desktop is a program or an operating system feature that allows a user to connect to a computer in another location, see that computer’s desktop and interact with it as if it were local. Microsoft Remote Desktop app to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your administrator/ISP. The app helps you be productive no matter where you are.
After you got the Windows RDP, You need to connect through your own Windows Desktop/Laptop or Mac devices. let’s find out how!
Connect Windows RDP with a Windows device
- Almost all versions of Windows have Remote Desktop Connection software installed by default. You can find this software by searching in the Start menu but the simplest way is Run.
Press Windows Logo Key (also known as Windows Key) and R key simultaneously to open Run dialog box, enter mstsc and click OK to open it.
- In the Launched app, type the Server/VPS hostname(example: server2.domain.com) or IP address(example: 192.168.10.25), and select Connect.
- Press Connect
- It will ask destination PC/VPS/Server Username and Password, fill the fields and press OK.
- That’s it, super easy, you should see the Remote Server/VPS desktop then!
Connect Windows RDP with a Mac device
- You won’t have a Remote Desktop Software by default on your Mac device, so search for “Microsoft Remote Desktop” on AppStore and download/install and run.
- Click the “New” button(+) at the top left of the Microsoft Remote Desktop screen. You’ll be prompted to fill in quite a few fields.
Connection name: put a name, whatever you want!
PC name: type the Server/VPS hostname(ex: server2.domain.com) or IP address( ex: 192.168.10.25)
Username & Password: the destination Server/VPS credentials.
- When you are finished configuring, click the red close button at the top-left of the dialog. To start a session with that desktop, simply double-click it to begin.
- Done! You will see the following screen finally.
If you face any issue in RDP connection or login process, please feel free to contact with us, Also you can leave a comment here.