This is the most complete article about VPS that you will find! So stay with me to find everything about it. In this article, you will find the nature, uses, kinds, performance, abilities, and values of a VPS.
What is VPS
VPS is a brief of Virtual Private Server, it is actually a portion of a bigger physical server but with less price than a complete physical server. Depending on the resources that you choose, the location of the server, the virtualization technology, and the quality of your service, the price of your VPS will change. Because VPS separates your data and OS from other VPS servers, it is really private! All of the resources inside VPS are dedicated except the bandwidth which is shared between all VPS servers on the same physical server.
However, some providers define a specific amount of bandwidth for each plan of their VPS services. VDS is the same as a VPS and it is the summary of a virtual dedicated server. Most of the operating systems can be installed on this service like Windows, Linux, and Mikrotik. As the owner of the VPS has a superuser & admin access, running any configurations and installing any apps or software is possible. VPS resources are always upgradable to have a more powerful server. Most of the VPS hosting companies provide services in monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually periods and until you renew the service before the expiration date, your VPS will be kept for you.
I have heard of most of the users which ask what should be their own operating system and resources to connect to VPS, I should say that it is not important what your own operating system is, or if your own laptop or computer is powerful or not, the only thing you should prepare is a good internet connection to have the best quality of connection to the VPS. if you have a good Internet connection, you won’t face lagging when using VPS. Also, it’s better to choose the nearest location of the server to your own location to have the least ping rate, I should say the gift of a less ping is a smoother connection for you! And finally, VPS means, you don’t have to rent the street, you can rent a house on that street!
What is Windows VPS
On this kind of VPS, you will have a server with an operating system of Microsoft. Totally 2 kinds of Windows can be installed on Windows VPS, Core and graphical (Desktop). Graphical like Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10. Also, each server version has a core version. The provider of this service has to provide you a licensed version of Windows on the VPS. If you wish to order this service (Graphical Windows VPS), I recommend ordering a plan that has more than 2GB of RAM because the operating system of windows uses the 1 GB of RAM of the VPS so you should have more resources if you don’t want your VPS to hang while working.
1. Windows server core series
In this version of Windows, you will have just CMD interface and you can run CMD and Powershell commands. This edition is available on Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2019. The server core doesn’t support applications that need a desktop environment. This version is lighter, has fewer bugs, and it is safer as a result. Only server roles are provided on core edition. Here are some examples:
- DNS Server
- Active Directory
- File Services
- Print Services
- Web Server (IIS)
- DHCP Server
- Host Guardian Service
2. Windows Desktop editions:
- MS-DOS: (Outdated) Microsoft has developed it for IBM compatible computers in 1981.
- Windows 1.0 – 2.0: (Outdated) Microsoft released it in 1985. The users were able to click and point in this version.
- Windows 3.0 – 3.1: (Outdated) Microsoft released this version in 1900. Microsoft provided better icon and advanced graphics which was designed for Intel 386 processors.
- Windows 95: (Outdated) In August 1995 Microsoft released Windows 95, it was a major update for Windows, it was improved in performance and the user interface was changed totally, also it was supporting 32-bit applications.
- Windows 98: (Outdated) It was released in 1998, Windows 98 supports new technologies Like FAT32.
- Windows ME – Millennium Edition: (Outdated) Microsoft introduced this update for the core of Windows 98, also the “ Boot in DOS “ option was removed in this version.
- Windows NT 31. – 4.0: (Outdated) Was released from 1993 to 1996, it was support multitasking and it was designed to work as a server in the network.
- Windows 2000: (Outdated) This version was released in 2000 as its name says. It was provided in Professional, Advanced, and Data-center editions.
- Windows XP: (Outdated) It was released in 2001 and it was an update of the kernel of Windows 2000. It was provided in Home and Professional editions.
- Windows Vista: (Outdated) Microsoft released this in 2006, it was more reliable, faster, and it was better in performance.
- Windows 7: (Outdated) The first release date for Windows 7 was in October 2009. It was published to fix the issues of Windows Vista, It had better user experience and had enhancements in appearance.
- Windows 8: (Available) Windows 8 was a major edition of Windows in appearance and speed. In this version, the USB 3.0 was supported. The start button was disappeared in this version.
- Windows 8.1: (Available) Good news, Start button was included!
- Windows 10: (Available) Released in 2014, The purpose of this edition was to support multiple devices such as Windows phones and tablets.
3. Windows Server Editions:
- Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1: It was released in 1993. It was a 32-bit system and came in a version for terminals and another one for servers.
- Windows NT Server 3.5: In 1994 it was introduced. Inter-connectivity with Unix systems was introduced in this version. Once it was released, most of the network was working on Unix servers, therefor, if windows wanted to be accepted in Network businesses.
- Windows NT Server 3.51: in 1995 this version was released to manage the systems running Windows 95.
- Windows NT Server 4.0: The IIS 2.0 was included in this version for free. Internet Information Service is Microsoft’s free web server.
- Windows Server 2000: Many of the features that we use on Windows servers edition are introduced with the enhancements that came with this version such as the creation of active server pages (ASP), support of XML and active directory for authenticating users.
- Windows Server 2003: In the last versions, you had to reboot the server for any changes that you make in the windows server but in this version, it was resolved, Also .net framework was provided in this system for the first time. Shortly after the release, Microsoft provided an update to upgrade the system to a 64-bit environment.
- Windows Server 2003 R2: It was released in 2005, customers who had bought Windows Server 2003, had free access to this version. Microsoft focused on enhancing the security of this version. Microsoft provided extra features for this version which was the Active Directory Federation. It was possible to regulate security policies through the configuration wizard. The other improvement was the better compression for files.
- Windows Server 2008: The new version of the Windows server took 3 years to get ready. Hyper-V and Event Viewer was bundled into this version.
- Windows Server 2008 R2: The core of this version was Windows 7 so it is was providing a 64-bit program environment. RDS (Remote Desktop Services) was provided on this version.
- Windows Server 2012: In 2012, Microsoft provided this version to win in the cloud by providing features on this version to have better interaction with off-site services. In this version, Microsoft focused to improve Hyper-V abilities This version was released with Cloud OS name. Both Powershell and server core provided on this version.
- Windows Server 2012 R2: This version was released in 2013. The usage of Powershell was extended in this version, also new improvements have appeared on this version such as rewriting security systems and network services, Also some storage features were improved on this version such as duplication for distributed files and better file sharing access.
- Windows Server 2016: Nano server is implemented on this version which is a lightweight minimal server that has fewer interfaces so it is harder to be attacked. Also, a new encryption Hyper-V method added to VM systems and the ability to interact with docker to this version. Microsoft provided the Network Controller in this version to manage both physical and virtual machines from one console.
- Windows Server 2019: This version is provided in 2018. A new feature by the name Windows Admin Center has been provided on this version which allows the admin of the server to also manage 2012 and 2016 Windows servers. It covers all of the servers and it’s not important if the server is full GUI, server core or nano server. This version comes with Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) which offers the ability to adjust virtualized services without taking the system down.
Differences and similarities between Windows and Windows Server
- Hardware support: For example, while Windows server 2019 supports 24 TB of RAM, Windows 10 Pro supports 4TB of RAM. Windows Server supports 64 sockets of processors with unlimited cores while Windows 10 Pro supports a maximum of 2 processors with 256 cores. Server manager: The main difference between Windows 10 and Windows server is this, Windows Server comes with server management software and you will be able to use features like active directory, DHCP, and many more features inside it while this software doesn’t come with Windows 10 Pro. Some limited options in Windows Server: In Windows Server, you won’t be able to login to Microsoft account to import or export settings from or to another PC. Also, options like Cortana and Timeline is not available in Windows Server.
- Updates: Windows 10 received updates faster than Windows Server, In Windows Server, you will be able to disable the updates from group policies while in Windows 10 you will be able just to pause the updates.
- Network Connections: in Windows 10, it has been limited to 20 connections while in Windows Server, you will have unlimited network connections.
- Price: According to the features and usages of Windows Server, it is more expensive than a Windows 10 Pro. The price of the license of Windows Server costs you from 500$ to higher amounts as per your requirements.
- Similar Codes: Both Windows and Windows servers are using the same codings and kernel. If you have installed both, you will find that there is no difference in the appearance between Windows and Windows servers.
All kinds of software that you install on your own PC or laptop also can be installed on Windows VPS, the below services can be run on Graphical (Desktop) Windows VPS:
- Running website: You can run your website on Windows VPS and it’s not important what your website coding language is.
- Running your script: Windows VPS can be used to run any script.
- Create VPN: Windows VPS can be used as a VPN server. The built-in VPN protocols on this kind of VPS are Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2), PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP.
- Be always online: Sometimes you need a website to be open 24 hours a day or maybe you have a page, processor, script that should be always up.
- Browse with the IP of another country: There are some websites that accept IPs from only specific countries like the USA, in this case, USA windows VPS will be suitable for you.
- Download and upload: As the internet connection of Windows VPS has more bandwidth with higher speed than your’s and also because it is cheaper, it will be suitable for download and uploading.
- Mail Server: Windows VPS can be used as a mail server to send emails.
- Backup server: Windows VPS can be used as a backup server to keep, restore and transfer your backups in it.
Here are some of the basic roles available on the Windows server
Also, Windows server editions come with the Server Manager option which contains roles:
- Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS)
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS)
- Active Directory Rights Management Services
- Device Health Attestation
- DHCP Server
- DNS Server
- Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS)
- File and Storage Services
- Host Guardian Service
- Print and Document Services
- Routing and Remote Access Server
- Remote Desktop Services Connection Broker
- Web Server (IIS)
- Windows Server Essentials Experience
- Windows Server Update Services
What is Linux VPS
In 1991, a young student was educated in Helsinki university by the name Linux Torvalds. At that time, he was working on the Minix operating system which was a limited version of Unix. Considering the problems and limitations of this operating system, he decided to create an operating system based on the Unix Kernel to make his required modifications to it, as a result, in the late 1990s, the release of 0.02 version of this operating system was celebrated. Thanks to the open-source being of Linux, the progress was really impressive.
Because Linux is open-source, from the beginning, Linus published the news of this release and introduced webmasters and developers to work on this operating system. Considering the freedom of the developers on working on this operating system, it didn’t take much time for this project to become famous and thousands of people from all over the world volunteered to develop and personalize it. Because developers are free to make any modifications to this operating system, now we see various versions and different distributions of this operating system all over the world.
Linux as an operating system is a collection of codes that has the duty to connect applications and finally the user to the hardware. Totally all of the Linux distributions are created on their main core or (Kernel). that free software is integrated with it which makes the complete version (distribution). In simple English, Linux is a combination of the main core (Kernel) and some free open-source applications. Considering the open-source being of Linux and because of its flexibility of the structure, it has many usages. For example, because of its multi-task and multi-user features, it is a good choice to be used in the network. Also, in terms of security, this operating system is well on its way. in order to define the security of it, it is enough to say that 70 % of hardware firewalls use the customized version of this operating system.
To answer this question that which of the distributions that we use, I should say that it is not really important because the base of all Linux distributions is the same and you can configure 1 thing in all of the distributions but maybe with different methods and the choice of the best distribution is related to the scientific level of the user, the requirements of the user of Linux and, the features of each distribution. The most famous releases of Linux VPS are CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat, and CloudLinux and we will check some of them in this topic so we will know better distribution to choose as a result.
RHEL or RedHat Enterprise Linux is based on Fedora Linux and has been produced and developed in the United States. The architecture that has been made on are x86, x390x, s390, PowerPC, ia64, i386, and x64. The desktops that RHEl supports are KDE and Gnome and as a result, this operating system can be used as a server or desktop. RHEL is one of the few Linux distributions that has been developed and designed by a specific company and specifically it is used for business topics.
RedHat company is the owner and producer of RHEL. RedHat is not free like other Linux distributions and in order to use RedHat Enterprise, you should buy it from RedHat company but based on the open-source rules, the codes written in this operating system are accessible for free and sometimes we face distributions that have been originated from this. Consider that there is no Linux Red Hat at the moment and Red Hat product has been produced until 2004.
The kernel of the Linux that we know as Red Hat is completely different from the last product that has been produced until 2004 and we know the new product as Red Hat Enterprise. The basic version of Red hat was known by Red Hat Commercial Linux. Red Hat company introduced its first Linux product in 1994. Red Hat was the first Linux distribution that was using the RPM package manager for formatting its software. Once the production of Red Hat was stopped in 2004, Red Hat company introduced a new product to the world and it was nothing else than Fedora. Unlike Red hat, Fedora was a free Linux and everybody could use it
After that, Red Hat company started to produce its new product by the name Red Hat Enterprise with the base of fedora. The first version of Red Hat Enterprise distribution was introduced by the name Red Hat Linux Advanced. In 2003, Red Hat company renamed this product to Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS and also introduced 2 new versions by the names Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES and Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS. Red hat company applied strict rules about distributing its free product (RHEL) in order to keep its business branding safe but also observed the nature of the open-source and put the source codes of RHEL to the public. Numerous versions of Linux distributions used RHEl source codes and reliable distributions were introduced like CentOS and Scientific Linux for free. Business distributions were introduced that they were compatible with RHEL, for example, Oracle Linux which is exactly as same RHEL that has been produced to use a database like Oracle.
It is one of the most famous and popular distributions of Linux. Centos was released in 2004 and it is the of the Community Enterprise Operating System. The main kernel of Centos Linux has been taken from RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) and as a result, this system is completely compatible with RHEL so we should say that it has been taken from Fedora. Unlike RHEL which is a business OS and you should pay for it, CentOS is completely free operating system which is supported by the communities and it means that instead of having professional support and paying for support prices to the manufacturer company, you should get your supports from these communities and there is no need to pay for anything. But consider that because this operating system has been taken from RHEL, the people who answer and resolve the issues are actually the professional developers of Red Hat but also add the system administrators and Linux operating system lovers to this collection to find the support power of CentOS.
For years, CentOS was an independent project and operating system until 2014 that it joined Red Hat. The versions of CentOS that releases every time are the mirror versions of RHEL. It means after any time that a new version of RHEL releases, a similar version for CentOS will be also released. It takes about some weeks or months to release the new version of CentOS because the CentOS group needs some time to remove the Red hat branding and to create actually everything from the RHEL source codes. By the combination of a good support team on communities with having complete documents of this operating system, it has become a great product to use in businesses, organizations, schools, universities, and other items that need a confident and safe Linux for their servers and desktops.
By choosing Centos, there won’t need to pay for the high prices of enterprise services. But most of the organizations that use CentOS, they use it beside Red Hat Enterprise Linux and considering the support that they receive from Red hat company, they can resolve the issue that they face with their CentOS operating systems. In these organizations, RHEl is used as the main server and Centos is used for non-sensitive systems or they use CentOS as a redundant and backup server. This will help the organizations to hire just one system administrator predominant to RHEL.
Debian is the most famous one between Linux distributions in the world. It is interesting to know that in July 2010, for the first time, CentOS became the most used operating system as the web-server, in that time more than 30% of the web-servers of the world were using it as an operating system. CentOS is one of the most popular operating systems for using web-hosting services. Considering the compatibility between CentOS and RHEL, this operating system is compatible with most of the software of the wold. Nowadays, most of the hosting control panels use CentOS as their Linux distribution. Architecturally and technically, CentOS distribution supports x64, x86, and i138.
For the first time in 1993 Debian GNU/Linux introduced. This Linux was written through its founder Ian Murdock and other thousands of volunteered developers. This idea was in their mind to introduce a completely non-commercial operating system to the world. Most of the time used to develop Debian was the developer’s free and overtime and no money paid for them to develop Debian.
At first, it was thought that Debian won’t be successful and many people believed this project won’t have faith more than decomposition but the reality was quite different. Not only Debian remained but also it was improved after that and in less than a decade was the most extended distribution of Linux in the world. Debian is the world’s biggest and most extended collaborative project in the world and maybe we won’t see any other sample of expansion like this in the software industry.
The most important reason for the success of Debian was that it has more than a thousand developers. At the moment there are more than 50000 software packages and the most important thing is that by modifications on the source code of Debian, at the moment we have 120 distributions originated from Debian which shows the power of Debian. In order to integrate, test and stabilize the software packages with the operating system and also to add new features to the packages and the operating system, Debian has codified quality control, planned and, a reliable mechanism which makes us say without a doubt that Debian is the most problem-less or with the least problems of the distributions of Linux.
Along with these positive features, the main problem of Debian is the long and complex process of developing the operating system and the experiments and test which are done with it. The stable version of Debian GNU/Linux doesn’t receive updates often and normally the stable versions of Debian are provided in about 1 to 3 years, because of this, Debian lovers have to use the buggy or in test versions of Debian until they receive the new stable version and the same is true for software packages. Debian uses the APT (Advanced Package Tool) package manager for formatting its software.
Ubuntu is one of the most favorite distributions of Linux which is based on Debian. This Operating system supports PowerPC, i686, armhfp, x64 and, x86 architectures. Totally we know Ubuntu as a powerful desktop product and it has been used less as a server. Actually it has the ability to act as a server but beginners and newcomers use it as a server. Ubuntu is a free product in the scope of the free desktop operating system that receives support from communities and commercials.
The community which is created for ubuntu is based of idea and structure of GNu so as we expect the aim of this community is that the software should be accessible for free for all and the users should be use them easily and localize them for their own language and also make any changes they want to the software source. The word Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning Humanity To Others. With the introduction of Ubuntu, there was actually a new spirit in the software industry around the world.
The maker of Ubuntu was an English company called Canonical Ltd, managed by a South African national named Mark Shuttleworth. The company’s revenue comes from Ubuntu operating system support services. For greater security of this operating system, all running programs are normally run with the lowest level of access and cannot damage the user files or operating system. To enhance security, the Sudo command is used as a tool to temporarily execute higher-end software that can perform the administrative tasks, as a result, it will prevent causing damage to the system.
This tool is similar to Run as an administrator tool in Windows operating system. To control access levels in Ubuntu, a tool called PolicyKit, also called PolKit, is used to secure the operating system as much as possible. By default, most network ports are closed by the firewall to prevent hacker attacks, and if the user wants to open a specific port, it can easily configure it with a firewall that is graphically embedded in the operating system. Ubuntu compiles software packages using GCC capabilities such as PIE and Buffer Overflow Protection to prevent damage from running software.
After all, you can encrypt your home directory folders and your own folders in this operating system. These security features added to Ubuntu make it a secure operating system by default, although security is quite a relative term, Ubuntu has a relatively good degree of security by default anyway. One of the interesting things about Ubuntu is that it has a built-in architecture that makes it possible to use it as a server, as a desktop, as a phone and tablet operating system, and even as a television operating system.
Ubuntu releases a new version almost every six months, and every new release up to nine months has free support, including security fixes, bug fixes, and more. The first version of Ubuntu was introduced in 2004. The package management which exists in Ubuntu, is based on the Package Manager used in the Debian distribution Linux operating system, and so application packages are introduced with the Deb extension, and as we mentioned earlier, a tool called APT is used to manage these packages in Ubuntu.
Before using Debian software packages in Ubuntu you should note that since the software packages of these two operating systems are not fully Binary Compatible, they are not fully compatible, so if you want to use Debian software packages in Ubuntu, it must Be Overwritten or Rebuild. Of course, there are still some problems with converting Debian packages to Ubuntu and vice versa, one of the highlights between the two operating systems can be the existence of a lot of common programmers that actually produce software, for two operating systems at a time.
CloudLinux is a Linux distribution that is provided to shared hosting providers. This operating system improves server stability, security, and flexibility and allows server administrators to review the resources consumed by each host. For example, server administrators can check CPU, ram, or disk I / O with graphs in their dashboard (C-panel). This article attempts to describe the capabilities of Cloudlinux on the Cpanel control panel. CloudLinux is based on Centos OS and uses OpenVZ kernel and rpm packages. CloudLinux was founded in 2009 by Igor Seletskiy and the first version of this OS was released in January 2010.
It also announced full compatibility with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 in 2011 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 in 2015. One of the most challenging tasks for any hosting provider is to manage the use of server resources by the user. An operating system called CloudLinux can make this easier.
For a small shared server, server management means staying up all night to check the server load and on larger servers, these problems will become even more acute. But if you use Cloudlinux, there is no worry that the user may create an extra burden on the server. The main advantage of using CloudLinux is the restriction of the use of server resources by the user. Prior to CloudLinux, it was almost impossible for the administrator of the shared server to create ram, CPU, and disk I / O restrictions.
The operating system reduces the speed of web pages loading when the user wants to use CPU resources more than allowed, rather than blocking the site. In this case, if ram or disk I / O is used to the maximum, the server administrator can display its custom error page to alert users of resource problems. The user then optimizes their site or requests to upgrade their service resources. CloudLinux uses a technology called CageFS, which separates system files of each user completely. This technology actually isolates any user and prevents other users from being seen, attacked or harmed.
This means that based on the packages provided in the LVE manager settings for Cloudlinux, it isolates the accounts or enters the cage to prevent attacks and excessive use of resources by other accounts. One of the important criteria for profitability for server administrators is the number of users who can host on a single server. However, it should be noted that the presence of many users can slow down due to the lack of server resources. CloudLinux allows the server administrator to save server resources. It also allows them to host more users without the knowledge of how to manage a server’s resources and to see better performance in resource consumption.
Since there was no restriction in the past for high-end users, hardware upgrades would not solve the problem of overuse, resolving this problem has always been a concern of webmasters, but Cloudlinux has been able to address this challenge. The LVE Manager plugin, provided for the control of cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin panels, allows you to create packages that limit the use of server resources by any user, thereby it provides effectively controlling and managing them. The CloudLinux dashboard provides an overview of statistics and information for servers.
What is Mikrotik VPS
One of the well-known network companies is Mikrotik Brand. Headquartered in Latvia in northeastern Europe The company was founded in 2008 to develop and build ISP wireless systems and routers. Currently, the company manufactures hardware and software in the field of networking and the Internet and exports its products and services to most countries in the world (145 countries). Although the company has only 150 employees, it still produces quality active network equipment and has been very successful in the software industry.
Mikrotik brand products are used by a wide range of customers, from home users to small companies and ISPs. Making Internet technology faster and more powerful so that more users can use it is one of the main goals of the brand. Mikrotik is currently working with major companies such as Vodafone, HP, Motorola, Ericsson, Siemens, Mitsubishi, and even NASA. RouterOS proprietary software is one of the most important and popular Mikrotik software products. RouterOS is an operating system for Mikrotik Routerboard hardware. By installing this operating system on your PC you can use features such as firewalls, bandwidth management, Access Point Wireless, and VPN servers and so on.
RouterOS is capable of being installed on all systems with a standard x5. RouterOS also provides access via FTP, telnet, and SSH. Licensing for each feature will be required to improve the performance level of this operating system. Mikrotik uses different licenses to use the devices to reduce costs. Whenever you purchase a Mikrotik device, you are authorized to use one of three, four, five or six levels. Each license allows you to have more network management. The highest level of license, which is level six, lets you manage all the features and unlimited users.
The Mikrotik brand created its own operating system to compete with Cisco’s popular IOS operating system. It runs on PCs, and as we mentioned before, it offers users great features including routing, firewall, VPN, monitoring, Qos, Hotspot, Load Balancing, and other efficient network management services. One of the factors behind RouterOS’s growth is its sustainability in delivering services in small, medium and large networks that affect all its users. Another good thing about this operating system is its ability to configure it with a software called Winbox on the Windows operating system, which will give its users a great sense of convenience with the graphical user interface. QuickSet is another well-developed Mikrotik software that lets users customize their router with just a few clicks. On Mikrotik VPS it is possible to create VPNs like PPTP, L2tp and …
What is Hosting VPS
In a private VPS or virtual server, the hardware resources on a physical server are partitioned and configured using a technology called virtualization so that multiple operating systems can be created from different physical servers with different hardware resources. Operating systems or servers that are created this way are called virtual servers, almost what you see in software like VMware Workstation and Virtual Box. On each of the Virtual Servers created, the hosting servers can run different operating systems with different hardware and software resources.
Users who purchase a virtual server actually have complete control over the resources of the server, and in a way, we can say that all the resources of this virtual system are dedicated to the user. On a virtual server or VPS, hardware resources can both be proprietary or Dedicated and can be shared. When you request a VPS from a hosting service provider, you can choose the amount of RAM, customize the hard drive capacity and everything you need. In this case, these resources are privately received from the physical system and are available to the user within the VPS. The concept of VPS actually covers the weaknesses of shared hosting services and, on the other hand, gives its users much greater flexibility so that the user can plan for the resources available to them. As users have administrative access to VPS services, they can install custom changes and even custom software on their own servers.
Differences Between Shared Hosting and VPS Hosting:
Shared hosts are much cheaper than VPS hosts.
Server resources are shared on all users on the shared host.
Server resources in VPSs are dedicated to users.
Shared hosting is only suitable for low-traffic websites and beginner businesses.
VPSs are suitable for high-traffic websites, businesses, and brands.
VPS performance is definitely more than shared hosting.
VPS users can customize their servers, but you do not have access to shared hosting to do this.
The flexibility of VPS services is much more than shared hosting with respect to user management.
What is Managed VPS
By managed VPS server, it’s the server that you use, but the controls for executing and installing and managing software and server security details and maintenance are entire with the service provider. Managed server means that you have no worries about server setup and maintenance as well as updates and troubleshooting. As you know, server management is very specialized and it is highly recommended that you leave it to the experienced experts and that it is easy to imagine and share like a shared host but with more features and resources, better security, faster speed, just use the service and Think about business development. In other words, the company which is the hosting service provider is responsible for installing the required software, being perfect, functioning properly, and servicing the server. Many people choose a managed server because it is ideal for users with no server management expertise. Generally, this type of server service is a bit more expensive than an unmanaged server.
What is Unmanaged VPS
This type of server is similar to a dedicated and managed virtual server. The main difference between these two is that in this case, you need to install the necessary software on the server, support and manage the server, which for someone just getting started may not be possible to do. On unmanaged servers, you only hire a server that is cheaper, but the reliability and security of the managed server are much higher because you benefit from the expertise of highly experienced experts, which is great for corporate and business applications. Many things are much more valuable and affordable. That’s why managed server hosting is a little more expensive. Another difference between a regular server and an unmanaged server is your ability to master the server. On an unmanaged server, you rent the server and take full control of it, but on a managed server you don’t have to worry about maintaining and updating the server, which is a specialized job.
What is Cloud VPS
In short, cloud and cloud computing uses a network on the Internet to store, manage and process information rather than a local computer. The purpose of this environment is for remote users is to access information without the need for high resources and no need to store, manage and process the information on their computers.
In fact, cloud VPS or Cloud is the same virtual servers that are provided on cloud infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. Normally, virtual servers run only on one physical server with the hardware connected tp it, and in this case, any of the associated hardware components crash, and all the virtual servers running on it also can have problems; The VPS cloud environment has all the software requirements needed to run it, and is not dependent on centralized software or a single physical server with the same hardware, making it possible for machines to run at any time. Relevant to any physical server available simply by migrating them online and offline.
Cloud is divided into four categories:
1. Private cloud space
A private cloud is designed to be used in a particular organization. Of course, despite this, the cloud still needs to remain outside of the enterprise, in a dedicated data center space, and be in the cloud of cloud service providers to apply the concept of cloud. This type of cloud management can be managed from within the organization or can be assigned to a specialist center.
2. Public Cloud
Public clouds are available for public use. Structurally, the only difference between this type of cloud and the private cloud model is that only certain people have access to the private cloud.
3. Hybrid cloud space
When a cloud service provider offers both public and private cloud services, it is called a hybrid space. This happens when two separate cloud compartments are supposed to share information, or when a company has grown and started expanding its services.
4. Social cloud space
Social cloud means a private cloud is shared between different entities and organizations. In fact, the social cloud is a public cloud that is restricted to certain organizations or entities.